Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 23: Exercising Again!

Today I went for a walk! Yes, walking is all I am permitted to do before 6 weeks is up. I have been feeling pretty good and so I decided that I would try to walk anywhere from 30-60 minutes today. Before anyone gets all yell-y at me, I brought a book and read while walking--this should give you an idea of my pace!

I went for 57 minutes and 51 seconds, also known as 5 chapters in my book. It was fairly brisk outside, but not too cold!

Around 15 minutes, I felt a very light soreness in that weird spot to the right of my belly button up just a little. It went away quickly. Around 20 minutes, my leg muscles started to feel a little sore. YES, I am so out of shape that WALKING for a mere TWENTY fatigues my leg muscles. But I kept walking and feel fine now that I am done.

According to mapmyrun, I went 2.83 miles, giving me a pace of 20:26 per mile. Yup, think I took it easy enough. :)

I was contemplating walking tomorrow too, but decided that if I am truly "easing" back into things, I should probably let me body rest tomorrow. I will shoot for another walk early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment