Thursday, March 24, 2011

3 Weeks Later--Halfway Done Recovery!!!

It's time for the 3 week update! I posted a new picture to the album. I only posted one picture because I feel like the profile view and back view really haven't changed that much. But the scar is healing a lot and looks a lot less red! So I posted a picture of that. Also, the swelling is beginning to go down a little and my hips are making the funniest shapes! The picture doesn't totally do it justice but you can tell a little. I am not sure if that is just how swelling goes down in general or if the lipo messes with it (i.e. the areas that were lipo-ed act a bit differently), but I have weird-shaped hips. :) I assume that when all the swelling goes down this will change, but who knows!!!

Also, I took measurements. Waist: 35"; Hips: 41". From last week, the waist stayed the same and the hips shrank a 1/2". This is odd to me because I am in jeans that I did not choose to wear last week because I thought they would put pressure on the wound and today there is no pressure--so obviously the waist is slimming. Maybe I don't measure right??? Or maybe it is accurate and there are other factors for the fitting of the jeans? In any case, I am very pleased with the progress!!!

The wound is still swollen and sore, but less so daily. It hurts fairly bad for a second or two when I cough or sneeze. I am working VERY hard to preemptively shut these bodily functions down before they occur! Also, laughing *really* hard makes the wound sore. More so the right side than the left. My speculation is that either the swelling is worse on one side or the nerves have not healed as well on the left. But again, I am no medical expert!!!

Another odd pain (which has already passed--but in the first few weeks) is when I "overdid it" I would have a pain in my abdomen to the right of my belly button up a little higher. There was no work down there (or so I think) and so I was confused. I was talking to Amanda F. about this and she was telling me something HCL told her once. When you fatigue your primary muscles, your secondary muscles kick in to pick up some of the slack. It may be the case that using that muscle triggers something that hurts because of the surgery but I just don't use it often because it is a secondary muscle. Again, complete non-expert speculation--but I like it and it seems to may some sense.

On an unrelated note, I am getting antsy to buy new clothes--but I shall keep waiting. :)

Ok. Back to recovering! I should have another update next Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment