Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 9 Update

Today I went back to the surgeon to have the final stitches removed! I feel like recovery is mostly done now...which is silly because I have like 5 weeks left, but it is simple-take-it-easy recovery. I am "out of the weeds" so to speak.

Here is what is new that I DON'T have to do anymore:

1) No stitches!!!!
2) No more gauze at all!
3) No more need to wash the wound with povidone-iodine! (YAY!!!!!)
4) No spanx at night!


Here is what I DO need to do:

1) Wear spanx during the day for 4 months (to end on July 3rd--oh yes, it is on my calendar!).
2) Apply lotion to my abdomen and back daily.
3) Take fluid pills every Monday/Wednesday/Friday until they are gone--I have a prescription of 50 pills.
4) Finish out the antibiotics.


I feel like I am in easy-land. :) I go back to check in with the surgeon again in 6 weeks, but since I am getting my arms done on April 9th, we'll check in then!!!! I think my official after pictures will be taken then--but I will not be posting them as the surgeon and I have different ideas of what "covering my delicates" means!!!!!!

I drove today and was out and about for a couple hours and feel fine. This make me optimistic about going back to work on Monday. Also, I wore "real people clothes today" (jeans and a tshirt). I intentionally wore baggy jeans so there is no pressure on my wound and I wore a tshirt that I used to be self-conscious in. Not any more!!!!! :) I would post a picture, but every time I try to photograph what I see in person, it does not do my new body justice! Oh! Also, I weighed myself at the surgeon's office and (without shoes on) I was 13 pounds lighter than March 3rd!!! CRAZY! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that your recovery is going well. Good luck at the office on Monday. DON'T over do it.

    ReplyDelete