Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 6 Update and a New Photo

Blog Readers!!! I am *very* happy to report that I met with my surgeon for the second time and that everything is going SUPER WELL!!!! I am so so so so so so so so so so so very happy with my recovery so far!

My surgical drains were removed!!!! Also, he removed alternating stitches. The remainder of the stitches will be removed on Friday.

Another surgery/recovery update is that I did not take any pain medication until just before my 4:20 pm appointment today. I only took it then in case the aforementioned drain and stitch removal was painful. It was definitely uncomfortable. I guess it maybe hurt--but not too bad. He had me take in a deep breath and exhale hard while he removed the drains--a technique I am quite pleased with!

Things that have changed since the appointment today:

1) I am allowed to shower!!! (But am a bit worried about it still...may wait another day or two...)
2) I am restarting blood thinning medication today. Shall we all rejoice together?!?!? YAY!!!!!!!!
3) I have to take a fluid pill 3x/week for a while. Apparently this will make me have an insane need to use the restroom within 30 minutes of ingestion. Awesome. :)
4) I can officially switch from the binder (the binder is a tight, white velcro thing that sucks my abdomen in to reduce swelling) to a pair of Spanx (or something similar). Meghan will go purchase me some tomorrow.


Well, that's my update! Oh! Also, Meghan took a photo of my new back while we were at the doctor's office. I added it to the picasa album located here.

No comments:

Post a Comment