Thursday, March 17, 2011

I've Made It a Whole Two Weeks!!!

Wow. It has been two weeks since my surgery. By way of updates:

1) Photographic: for people who are visual-thinkers

New photos have been uploaded to the album. Bear in mind, I am still super swollen. But, like I have been saying to EVERYONE I talk to, if I stay like this (which I won't) I'd be super happy!!!! The change--even swollen--is just amazing! Here is the link to the album.

2) Statistics: for the math nerd in all of us

Devon took measurements the night before my surgery. I measured today. My waist went from 39 3/4" down to 35" today. My hips went from 42 3/4" to 41 1/2". And I am still very swollen (I know I keep saying that), so I am interested to see how this trends. I plan on taking these measurements weekly on Thursdays--if I remember. :) Total changes should be completed 6 months from the surgery, so...September 3rd-ish.

3) Emotional: for the touchy-feely-gushy and non-dead-inside people

I'm feeling good! I have worked "short days" all week--between 6 and 7 hours. I come home and am definitely tired and need to just sit for the remainder of the evening (after chores like dishes, laundry, etc...).

I have a new nightly routine for those curious. Around 7:30 or 8pm I put lotion on my mid-section (front and back) and massage it. This is supposed to stop scar-tissue from forming on the lipo areas and the lotion helps hydrate because my surgeon says lipo can mess up your sweat glands. I also spend some quality lotion time on my scars themselves (my surgeon says this helps them heal less ugly--meh, it's worth a try). Then I leave my compression garment off for the night. I like to do it approximately one hour before bed because when I take it off the blood begins to rush back into that area and laying on it can be painful. Having said that, this morning I was able to toss and turn and roll in my bed like I usually do without serious pain!!!!! It was just sore like a light bruise. This whole week it had been more like a bad bruise when I changed my rolling position in bed. This is GREAT for my sleeping!!!! YAY for healing!!!!

I am *really* enjoying wearing clothes now. Especially clothes that I used to be self-conscious in. I have basically worn outfits that I felt awkward in pre-surgery all week to work. I walk around with more pep in my step, naturally. Every day it feels like I am walking around with a new haircut--you all know what I mean, right?--I feel like I finally look how I worked so hard to be by losing nearly 100 pounds. And THAT is a great feeling!!!

4) Summary

I look good, lost inches and feel great! Also, the support I continue to receive from my family and friends is overwhelming!!!! I am so loved and I definitely know and appreciate it!!!!

Next update in one week for sure, if not sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment