Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 3 Update...with Photos...Gulp...

Hello blog fans. I have to say, writing this post has been a struggle for me. Who wants to show the before pictures? Who wants to show the body they were so unhappy with they took out a used car loan to fix it and get a "do-over" to start again and this time, live healthier?

Yes, I am ashamed that I lived 27 years without fitness as any bit of a priority in my life. I am ashamed that I weighed 251 pounds. I am ashamed that I had that amount of loose skin.

HOWEVER...

I am very proud of the work that I have put in to get to this point. I am very proud of my determination. I am very proud of my healthier lifestyle. I am also blown away by not only the amount of support I have been given, but also by the stories I have heard from so many of you about how my journey has inspired you. It is for *these* reasons that I have decided to post my pictures. And I will post as I go. Part of me wanted to wait until the swelling was gone and make sure I was happy with the results before I posted the dreaded "before" pictures, but then I remembered that this blog is to inspire others and to share MY story--whatever that story may be. So, I am posting... I am posting for the friends who have followed me and cheered me on. I am posting for the friends who are considering this at some point in their life as well. I am posting for the stranger who happened upon this page and just wants to know what it's like and what it looks like! I. Am. Posting. GULP.

I have decided to link to a picasa web album because I don't feel it appropriate to post the post-surgery pictures to a public blog. However, anyone who is reading this can choose to view them. Currently, there are 5 pictures: Before (front, back and each side) and one after picture from today. FAIR WARNING: the pictures from today are swollen stitches and include my surgical drain (with goop in it). View at your own risk. There are no after photos of the back because we didn't take any, but my surgeon did say that Beyonce herself would be jealous of my new curves!!! ;) THE LINK TO THE PHOTOS!!!!

Remember, the difference is 6 pounds of skin removed and 1500 ccs of fat (mainly from the back, I believe) which equates to about 3/4 of a 2-liter soda bottle!!! YOWSAS!

As for my first post-surgery appointment today--it went great! My surgeon said I was healing above average and with my attitude it should go fine! What a compliment!!! Also, you may notice in my gross photo that I have zero goop seeping from any of my wounds! I have NO idea why this is going so well, but I am NOT complaining!

My next surgeon check-up is Tuesday. Will probably take more photos then, but no promises!

If you do view the photos, be nice!

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome! I'm excited for you. I'm so happy that you met Holly so that I'd meet you. Keep up the great healing!

    ReplyDelete