Monday, April 25, 2011

I Want To Magically Be in Good Shape Again!!!

Man, "easing" back in stinks. I hate feeling out of shape. I hate huffing and puffing on easier cardio than I was handling fine before. But I need to just get over it. It'll take some time. And I'll get back there. I hope. Not everyone can be like Amanda J. who claims after her 6 weeks off, she's running faster than ever. ...

Today I decided to do the gradual build workout. I thought it would be a nice way to push myself in a not horrible way. Recall that gradual build is when I do 5 minute intervals for 40 minutes on the treadmill, starting at 2.0% and increasing by 2.0% each time up to 14.0%. The last interval is the "cool down" at 9.0%. I was doing 3.5 mph walking because as Liz told my "legs are strong" but since I am coming back I tried it out at 3.0 mph. Somewhere in the 10.% interval, I was dying and lowered the speed to 2.5 mph. Also, I shamefully must admit that I held onto the treadmill for about 30 seconds and then a little bit later for 10 seconds before I downed the speed. Shameful!!!

My Stats:

Calories Burned: 403 (Treadmill)
Distance: 1.96 miles
Time: 43:09 (I cooled down at a reasonable incline after the 40 minutes was up as well)


I am glad to feel my muscles again. I really missed the feeling of having had a good workout while walking out of the car to go get my mail. It's hard to explain but there is something about freshly worked muscles that feels good. It's not painful (yet), but just affirms that you overcame the lazy couch potato inside of you and won the fitness battle that day. I missed it and am glad to have it back. :)

On an unrelated note, Liz emailed me today. So, she told me to keep a food log and email it to her once a week. I asked if it had to be *good* food choices, she must not have heard me because she answered, "Just write it all down for now." So I did. I wrote down every donut, every slice of pizza, every candy bar...and emailed it to her on Saturday night. She wrote back today. Oh. My. TERRIFYING. She let me have it. She also made some excellent points between the curse words and threat to break my fingers. I'm glad she did it--petrified to see her next to be sure, but glad. You'd better believe my butt will be getting back into gear for the near future...

Next workout: tomorrow or Thursday, cardio. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment