Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Lifted For the 1st Time in 8 Weeks!!!

Administrative Note

I am considering ending my blog writing days. I was actually very close to doing it--didn't even post my cardio yesterday. I feel like it has run its course; I lost the weight, I struggled with maintenance, I debated the surgeries, I got the surgeries, I recovered from the surgeries, I still struggle with maintenance... But Liz today said I should "do it for me and no one else." So, I am going to keep posting. But no promises it will be funny, or even interesting! I do like having a log accessible from anywhere the internet is. :)

Yesterday's cardio

I did the gradual build workout again. I think I may make it my standard Monday workout. I like routine. :) Last week I started at 3.0 mph but had to reduce it down to 2.5 mph at the 10.% incline. This week...I made it 3.0 mph the whole time!!! It kicked my hiney--but I did it! Recall that I was doing 3.5 mph before, but I am still building back up. :)

My Stats:

Calories Burned: 413 (Treadmill)
Time: 42:00 (with 2 minute cool down)
Distance: 2.07 miles

Today: My First Session with HCL!


So, first things first: I wore my arm compression garment while lifting. Yes, I *did* look that cool. :) We started by weighing in and taking body fat and lots of tape measure inch measurements. Liz's tape measure is just as hard core as she is--it's retractable! She offered to print out my number. Um, YES PLEASE! I LOVE STATS! But then I never got them from her. :( I will say that I am down SIX POUNDS from last Monday. Woot. Woot. It's probably mostly water weight--but I'll take it. :)

Now, the lifting. Liz wanted to do a full body thing to evaluate my current post-surgery state. It was hard. I will be in a WORLD of pain tomorrow. And am in some right now. But overall, I feel good about the session:

Lat Pulldowns: 60 lbs, 12 reps; 65 lbs, 10 reps; 55 lbs, 10 reps (worked on form the last set)
SA Low Row: 30 lbs, 12 reps; 35 lbs, 12 reps; 40 lbs, 12 reps
Incline DB Press: 17.5 lb DBs, 15 reps; 25 lb DBs, 12 reps; 30 lb DBs, 12 reps
Hammer Strength Shoulder Press: 25 lbs 15 reps; 25 lbs, 12 reps; 25 lbs, 12 reps
BB Squats: 85 lbs, 15 reps; 95 lbs 10 reps; 95 lbs, 5 reps
Lying Leg Curls: 50 lbs, 15 reps; 60 lbs, 15 reps; 70 lbs 15 reps
Seated Leg Extensions: 40 lbs, 15 reps; 50 lbs, 15 reps


It's hard to say what was the hardest. We started with back because the leg stuff was all being used. Doing the two back exercises definitely fatigued my arms (probably because I use my arms too much--at least that's what Liz says). By then time we got to shoulder press, my arms were done. :) The BB squats were easy at first. I thought I could wow and impress Liz with my form (this is something I've worked very hard on). I got really low. She wanted lower. She got a box. when a trainer gets a box, it forces you to go lower. This is because your butt should kiss the box and then you should push your body back up. Boxes are pure hell to me. Liz got THE SMALLEST BOX AT LIFETIME. I swear it's only a foot high. She must have seen my face so she got a weight plate and threw it on top. Thanks for the extra 2" Liz... She spotted me and I was actually quite surprised that I was capable of doing it. The first one was shaky--had to get the right neurons firing--then I was very pleased with my success!!! Until I started getting dizzy and feeling slightly nauseous. I had to wait for several seconds until I no longer felt dizzy or like I was going to vomit in between reps. That is why the last set only had 5 reps. Even given this apparent failure, I still see the whole session as a success! I am easing back in and I feel really good about it.

Now, will I be able to walk tomorrow? Certainly not. :)

Next workout: cardio tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment